We cannot underestimate the power of love and love for our dogs. Doggie daycare can be a great solution. It may be difficult to stay alone sometimes, but you need to spare time for yourself to solve other crucial issues.
Even when going on vacation occasionally, it’s not all the time you will have to go along with your dog. And a doggie daycare center is the best alternative. If you have been looking for how to get a doggie daycare, this article will show you the way.
Alright! Let’s get straight to the point! Besides, the tips in this article are easy to get started with finding a good doggie daycare.
How to Find personal referrals from friends
Ask your family, friends, and neighbors to refer you to reliable doggie daycares. It’s good to get information from the people you trust. You should also try to ask your friends and followers on social media to recommend or refer you to a good daycare for your dog.
You Can Also Research On Online and Looking at Reviews
It’s important to carry out in-depth online research. Conducting research can help you discover the best place for your dog. There are search engines available for your research — they include Google, Bing, and so on. In the search engines, remember to type in the names of owners and facilities.
What I Would Do is To Go to the Daycare Facilities in Person
If you discover any doggie daycare facility, go to the place in person. This will help you know more about the place. As you get to the place, pay attention to:
- The number of staff to the ratio of the dogs.
- The cleanliness, smell, and appearance of the environment.
- To the doors and gates. Are there standard gates or doors? It’s expedient to know this.
- To outdoors areas such as the fence, enough water availability, and resting shades. You should also note that dogs are being watched properly whenever they are out.
- To the general appearance of the staff. Are they friendly, knowledgeable, and have superb communication skills?
- To how the dogs or animals are being treated.
It is Important to Learn more about the facilities
How do you learn more about the facilities? It’s very simple. You only need to meet the manager or any key staff and ask him/her some important questions regarding the place. Some questions should revolve around:
- The duration they have spent running the daycare business.
- Their process of evaluation and application.
- Knowing their usual daily routine.
- Knowing whether they use cameras to watch over their dogs. Also, knowing whether clients can be able to access them through social platforms or the facility website.
- Identifying the qualification of the staff working there.
- Knowing if they are legally regulated by identifying their facility permit or licenses.
- How they respond to lost dogs and prevent them from going missing.
- Getting to know how they handle dogs’ fights, sickness, or injuries.
Observe the parking lot and anteroom
Having a closer look at the parking lot and anteroom will help you learn more about the body language of the dogs. Also, do they have a lot of clients working with them for long? Make as many observations that can convince you to use their services.
Following these simple tips can help you identify the best doggie daycare for your dogs. After that, you have selected a facility for your dog, give them a trial. Stay on alert by communicating with them regularly. Observe your dog’s behavior whenever you reach home with him/her.
When searching for a facility, consider asking previous staff about the place you are in for a better recommendation. You should communicate with the previous staff via e-mails or cellular. Review websites can also be of help in recommending a better option.
If you enjoyed this article then you might want to check out this one. Enjoy